My City My Style

Earlier this week Lizzi from Shot From the Street created a post about her three favorite areas of Manchester and an outfit to go along with a Manchester vibe.  I really loved the idea of this post so today I snatched up my best friend and we went on an adventure through our favorite areas of Montreal.  Several hours later we were 1) exhausted 2) hungry and 3) COLD! If there's anything I have to say about Montreal is that it does not disappoint in terms of weather.  The past 24 hours have been a whirlwind of snow and cold coming down as winter reared its ugly little head at the end of March.  Needless to say, I am rather unhappy.  Anyways! Back to posting about what I love about Montreal.

For this post I decided to wear my long black coat c/o Zara and some vintage Kenneth Cole booties while Solène was a tad more practical in her Moose Knuckle coat and adorable pinafore dress she thrifted.


If you visit Montreal, you go to Old Port.  When I first visited the city I was taken aback by how gorgeous the old buildings are and how charming the little streets were.  Since it was raining (of course...weather) we didn't venture very far into the quartier but we enjoyed a lovely cup of coffee at Tommy's, one of the most adorable coffee shops around.





Next up is Mile End, an eclectic neighborhood with the most interesting vibe.  Here you can find organic fruit and veg shops, tiny vintage stores and of course the best bagels in the city.  (Montreal style bagels, anyone??) The old homes and winding alleys have a certain intrigue and charm, like there's always something waiting around the corner to explore.  





Last but not least I am including Atwater Market, a little haven of farm fresh food amongst the city sprawl.  Located in an old art-deco building right by Metro Lionel-Groulx, Atwater's the best place to get inspiration for a nice meal in or to pick up some deliciously gorgeous berries.  Also, cheese.  Lots. of. cheese. 




Me: Sweater - Sandro / Coat - Zara / Shoes - Kenneth Cole / Hat - Zara / Purse - Fossil
Solène: Coat - Moose Knuckles / Dress - Forever 21 / Purse - Louis Vuitton 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OOTD: Oversized Stripes

OOTD: September Sun

Best Cross Body Bags for Fall (That Won't Break the Bank)