OOTD: Oversized Stripes




Montreal has finally experienced the inevitable drop in temperature (one of many) that signals the beginning of fall.  During the summer, it's not necessarily colder in this city than it is in New York or Boston - but once September rolls around, the temperature takes a nice swan dive into autumn.  Not the dreadful dive it takes in November, though.  That is when Montreal suddenly becomes ten degrees colder than my hometown in Rhode Island and remains that way throughout the winter (unless it's twenty degrees colder, in that case please kill me.)

So, I decided to try out this outfit combination the other day thinking that I wouldn't freeze my legs off.  I mean, they stayed on.  But I was itching to go home and throw on some pants, or like twenty blankets.  I have a low tolerance for these kinds of things - don't ask me why I moved to Canada. Speaking of my legs, were they always that white? (thanks, mom and dad)

Also, can I just say - why is it that when other bloggers or models wear oversized outfits they look dainty and chic (somehow) and I look the size of bear in the big blue house? Just an observation.  Still not sacrificing that comfort, but you know.






Sweater - & Other Stories (last season) / Skirt - Zara (similar) / Loafers - New Look


Comments

  1. Cute outfit! It's still pretty warm in California so I'm dying to start wearing fall clothes!

    Lindsey
    The Fashion Barbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come to Montreal and take some of our chilliness! haha :)

      Delete
  2. I love this stripe sweater, and it looks so cute with the skirt! I'm also always cold, and I grew up in Burlington, VT. You would think that I'd be use to the temps in Boston, but no. I don't think I could handle Montreal!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, Boston is definitely better than Montreal in terms of climate! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Such a cool outfit, I love the top!

    http://ariadibari.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. You're absolutely not a bear. You're gorgeous.
    2. Loving this sweater, especially with the loafers. Great find!

    x, Tyler | http://tinymisstyler.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much for this comment! I really appreciate it.

      Delete
    2. Aw, thank you so much for this comment! I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  5. Haha you do not look like the bear in the big blue house! This outfit is adorable but I do not know how you survived through this shoot with that skirt on - I would be freezing! I wore a sweater and leggings to work in NYC today and I was cold ahha

    xx,
    Savannah
    http://thesavvier.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate all your comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm back!

OOTD: September Sun