Mushroom and Leek Risotto


Ok, this is my first divulge into food blogging.  First thing I have to say is that I have a newfound respect for people who can actually photograph food.  Second of all, I am really testing the water here with this food blogging thing.  I've been vegetarian for about six years and I really love finding new vegetarian foods to cook (and eat mostly.)  I'm also a huge food nerd.  OK, anyways - here's a great recipe that I snagged from The Minimalist Baker (with a few little adaptations.)  I absolutely love risotto - it's one of my favorite things to cook and I promise it's really not that hard at all! Anyways, below is the recipe!


Ingredients:

  • 3 1/2 cups of vegetable broth (plus or minus 1/2 cup)
  • Olive oil for sautéing
  • 8 ounces of crimini mushrooms sliced
  • 1 leek - thinly sliced and thoroughly rinsed
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 1 cup arborio rice
  • 1 tbs vegan butter
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese + more to taste 
  • Parsley to garnish
Instructions:
  • Heat vegetable broth in a saucepan.  Or, if you're like me and chose to use little vegetable boullion cubes that mix with boiling water just put it aside and keep it warm.
  • Turn a medium saucepan on medium, add 1 tbs olive oil and sauté the mushrooms.  Once the mushrooms are soft, put them aside.
  • Using the same saucepan, throw in the sliced leeks with about 1tbs of olive oil.  Sauté for about 2 minutes or until the leeks are soft and slightly browned.
  • Add the rice and stir it around until it's thoroughly mixed with the leeks and then add the wine.  Keep stirring until it's all absorbed.
  • Ok, at this point you're going to want to have the broth right next to the risotto.  Now add the broth slowly about 1/2 a cup at a time until it's fully absorbed or the rice is cooked.
  • Take off the heat and stir in the butter and the cheese.  Throw in some bowls and put a bit of parsley (and more cheese...if you're like me) on top.
  • Enjoy!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OOTD: Oversized Stripes

OOTD: September Sun

Best Cross Body Bags for Fall (That Won't Break the Bank)